ASIALEX 2023 – final Call for Papers – submission deadline extension
The 16th International Conference of the Asian Association for Lexicography
Lexicography, Artificial Intelligence, and Dictionary Users
Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea, June 22-24, 2023
The 16th International Conference of the Asian Association for Lexicography (ASIALEX) will be held on June 22-24, 2023, at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. Founded in 1997, ASIALEX aims to promote scholarly and professional activities in the field of lexicography, deepen research activities on dictionaries based on the latest theories, and broaden networks among lexicographers and other scholars all over the world by hosting conferences and publishing the peer-reviewed journal Lexicography. Journal of Asialex.
The theme of ASIALEX 2023 is Lexicography, Artificial Intelligence, and Dictionary Users. While proposals on any topic regarding the study and use of dictionaries are welcome, ASIALEX 2023 aims to provide opportunities to discuss the changes and challenges that go beyond the usual realms of traditional lexicography and seek new directions and possibilities for dictionaries to cope with social changes and problems.
Keynote Speakers and Topics
- Jonghwan Kim (Leader, Global Dictionary Production Center, Naver Corporation)
- Development of user participation at the Naver Dictionary: A case study of Open Dictionary PRO and Accentia
- Erin McKean (Founder, Wordnik.com)
- Investigating the ROI of AI for lexicography
- Michael Rundell (Chief Lexicographic Officer, Lexical Computing Ltd)
- Automating the creation of dictionaries: Are we nearly there?
- Yukio Tono (Director, the World Language Center, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Research into dictionary use in an era of e-lexicography
Paper and poster presentations concerning any aspect of lexicography and dictionaries in any language are welcome. Those focused on issues in Asian lexicography and dictionaries are especially encouraged. All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another conference or journal. Please refer to the list of topics (including but not limited to) below.
- Lexicography and language technologies
- Lexicography and corpus linguistics
- Challenges to lexicography in the digital age
- Bi- and multilingual lexicography
- Pedagogical lexicography
- Dictionary use studies
- Dictionary and culture
- Phraseology and collocation
- Lexicography and etymology
- Neologisms and lexicography
- Terminology and lexicography
- Reports on lexicographical and lexicological projects
When submitting your proposal, you can choose between the following types:
- Paper presentations (regular 20 minute presentations followed by 10-minute Q&A)
- Poster presentations (to be presented in a dedicated poster session)
Abstracts of a maximum length of 300 words are to be submitted through the EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asialex2023. Please omit any self-identifying references from your abstract.
- Abstract submission deadline: December 20, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2023
게시물 수정을 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.
게시물 삭제를 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.